For any personal health queries, call your medical centre directly.
Registered users can contact your medical centre by logging onto ManageMyHealth.
For after hours care, call your medical centre and follow the instructions. You can also call Healthline on 0800 611 116, or visit your local after hours clinic.
In an emergency dial 111.
For mental distress
24 hours a day, 7 days a week services are available via:
- Need to talk? - Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained mental health and addiction professional (for issues such as depression, gambling and alcohol and/or drugs).
- Lifeline - 0800 543 354.
- Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757.
- Samaritans - 0800 726 666.
- Suicide Prevention Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO). This
is a service for people who may be thinking about suicide, or those who are
concerned about family or friends.
- Youthline - 0800 376 633. You can also text 234 for free
between 8am and midnight, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alcohol Drug Helpline - 0800 787 797. You can also text 8691
- Kidsline - 0800 543 754 is for children aged 5
to 18. Those who ring between 4-9pm on weekdays will speak to a Kidsline
buddy - specially trained teenage telephone counsellors.
- 0800 WHATSUP children's helpline - 0800 9428 787, available between 1-10pm on weekdays and from 3-10pm on weekends. Online chat
is available from 7-10pm every day at www.whatsup.co.nz.
- Your local Rural Support Trust - 0800 787 254 (0800 RURAL