For any personal health queries, call your medical centre directly. For after hours care, call your medical centre and follow the instructions. You can also call Healthline on 0800 611 116, or visit your local after hours clinic. Registered users can contact your medical centre by logging into your patient portal:
In an emergency dial 111.
For mental distress
24 hours a day, 7 days a week services are available via:
- Need to talk? - Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained mental health and addiction professional (for issues such as depression, gambling and alcohol and/or drugs).
- Lifeline - 0800 54 33 54 to speak to a counsellor, available 24/7 (or free text HELP to 4357). www.lifeline.org.nz
- Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757 or text 4202. https://depression.org.nz
- Samaritans - 0800 726 666, for confidential, non-religious and non-judgemental support to anyone who may be feeling depressed, lonely, or even be contemplating suicide. www.samaritans.org.nz
- Suicide Crisis Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO). This is a service for people who may be thinking about suicide, or those who are concerned about family or friends.
- Alcohol Drug Helpline - 0800 787 797. You can also text 8691 for free. https://alcoholdrughelp.org.nz
- Kidsline - 0800 54 37 54 is for children aged 5 to 18. Those who ring between 4-9pm on weekdays will speak to a Kidsline buddy - specially trained teenage telephone counsellors.
- 0800 WHATSUP children's helpline - 0800 9428 787, available between 1-10pm on weekdays and from 3-10pm on weekends. Online chat is available from 7-10pm every day at www.whatsup.co.nz.
- Your local Rural Support Trust - 0800 787 254 (0800 RURAL HELP).